Monday 15 November 2010

November 15, 2010 to Dad

Hey Pops

Thanks agian for another great email! I am always so happy to hear how everyone is doing back at home! I know that the family will continue to do very very well as i do whats right on my mission, and everyone back at home chooses the right as well.

Well i had another great, but somewhat hectic week. On Tuesday, and Wednesday there was a leadership meeting in riverside, so all the elders who were District Leaders, Zone Leaders, and Trainers went to it. So ELder Moore left, and it turned out that i was going to be covering 3 wards on bike with a week old missionary for those 2 days. IT was a blast! it was hard to get things done, but we were able to bike far distances to get to our appointments. Its hard enough covering 2 wards on bike i didnt need another one. There was just too many people to see!! I really did enjoy it though it gave me a growing opportunity to be with a greenie.

On saturday we had exchanges, and i was able to drive a car all day for the first time on my mission! Its good to know that i can still drive! :) Elder Moore and i are the only elders in our District that are english speaking Missionaries. so Its always fun trying to learn some more spanish. We had a lesson with jason on Wednesday, but it seemed like he was having a hard time understanding what we were saying. We are going to have to take things a little slower with him, because he isnt the best reader either. He got sick so he wasnt able to go to church with us on sunday. It seems like there is a flu bug going around, because we ran into soo many people who were sick. We didnt get a chance to teach trent this last week, hopefully we will be able to catch him this upcoming week.

Well I hope everyone is having a good old time during this Holiday, Birthday, wedding and Aniversary season! I am excited for My Christmas call coming up! :)

Well Pops I am so Glad be your son, you are a great example to me. Keep going to the temple, and striving to be a good Father I was reading in D&C 121 v. 34-46, and I really love those verses. i hope you can recieve strength from them as well. Tell everyone in the Family, and ward that i am very thankful for all the support they give to me.

WElll i g2g, but could i ask ya to send me my wolf Blanket. its getting a little chilly at night in the appartment. my room has a nice thin glass sliding door that gives off some awesome coldness. other than that i am doing great!

ttyl love you.

Here are some pictures that might make you jealous of the warmth here.

....................


Hello son

It was so good to hear your news last week, sounds like it was a bit stressing and weird but sometimes thats how it goes. Sounds like your having some teaching opportunities, but maybe not all perfect or golden. I guess the main thing is you have the oppurtunity to help and bless the lives of people in need. Thats great that Jason is going to church each week I hope you are able to encourage him to read the B of M and pray, it would be neat if he can feel the spirt and desire to know the truth. Now this Trent sounds interesting, hopefully he is able to get the right help with his drug problems, sounds like maybe he moved to get away from bad influences. Drugs are a real struggle but it is great he wants to change and knows he needs to. He just needs to know all things are possible with faith and Gods help. Sorry to hear about Tina, maybe something will change so she can still investigate, I am sure the advisary is trying to do all he can to interfear with her progress. It sounds like you are working very hard and having some sucsess, good things will happen just keep doing all you can and pray the Lord will bless your efforts and faith. How have things been with the weather? You have everything ya need for winter time?

Well things are going fine here but it is getting busier with holidays coming and getting things ready for Keira's wedding coming up. Mic and Kay went to Park City friday night to sunday for there aniversary, sounds like they had a good time. Keira and Matt was down this weekend also just working on getting things ready for their weddding and it was Matt's birthday saturday also. Red and I went to dinner with them friday night for his birthday. Red is staying busy as usual work and school. The weather keeps getting colder looks like we could get some snow this week . Things are staying steady at work, I seem to have work lined up most the time. The Jeppsens spoke in church today on there mission to Denmark, they got home about a month ago, it was good sounds like they really enjoyed their mission. President Ivins said to tell you hello, he asked how you were doing saturday when I went to the world wide leadership meeting at the stake center. The church handed out new handbooks to all leaders and Bishops to help Members know and do there respondsabilties. I also had the oppurtunity to go help clean the temple on thursday night, it has been closed for two weeks. I spent about four hours dusting and cleaning the walls and molding in the endowment room. It was a great experience, I enjoyed doing it.

Well I best wrap up and get going. I really do enjoy hearing your experiences you are having doing the Lords work. I can tell your giving your best to the Lord and working hard to bless the lives of all those who will listen and accept your message and help. I am so very happy and glad your finding so much joy in the work, stay firm and true you are the Lords disciple(3 nephi 5:13) he loves you and wants to bless your works and effort. I know this is the last days and close to his return, the advisary is working hard to stop the work of the Lord. I know you are part of Gods army (such a great time for you) stand bold and true in sharing his word. If only all men could know of the joy and happiness available to them in this Gods true church. I love you son, pray always for the spirt to be your constant companion, that it may bless you daily. May you have a great week and find sucess in Gods work.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment