Tuesday 6 September 2011

September 6, 2011 - Re: cooling off, hope it is for you to Pops


Hello Dad hows it going? I am super glad to have the opportunity to write you, and here from you every week. This week has been great! Although its had its ups and downs. We were able to have a great Sunday. Eric, and Maria showed up for church with their kids Jasmine,and Alex. Eric is a non member, and Maria is a less active. there kids are jasmine 9, and Alex 5. We have really been spending allot of time focusing with them recently. They just love having us come by, and they are very nice,and friendly. They have been very sincere,and we are really hoping to get them progressing towards Marriage, and Baptism. They have been the main people we have worked with recently, but hopefully we will have some new investigators soon, and some people on date for Baptism.
  
Things are going better for our apartment. i have really been trying to be humble, and obedient like you said, and it really has an impact on everyone else. As i focus on the work, and do my job to help our whole environment spiritually uplifting it really builds up a trust and a love for each other, and for the work. I may only have a few weeks until i leave the apartment though. I really need to continue in prayer, and always apply the Atonement in my life to help me become better and more Christlike. I really want to focus on the Christlike attribute of Knowledge.
  
Well I am glad to have had the chance to serve in riverside for such a long time. its really a great place. Some areas are more ruff then others, but I have really gotten to know the whole city fairly well, and let me tell you its a large city! I have gotten to know allot of people, and i remember people quite well i cant wait to visit everyone after the mission. Speaking of that so are we still planning on having the family pick me up after the mission? if so i need to know so i can let the office know not to order a plane flight. A possibility is to have me fly home, and then a few days later we can make a trip back quickly to visit a few areas, and pick up some things i might leave behind. Keep in mind i Return March 20th.
  
Well pops don't worry about the package all is well. if you send it off today. i will probably receive it on Friday, or earlier. Friday is a multi zone! those are always fun. Well i am so glad to have had many wonderful experiences on my mission! i need to always cherish the good times, and fight hard to focus on the silly times. Well i g2g I'm going to write a good letter to the mission president. It seems like its been a while. I'm glad the family is all doing well, and i hope AF keeps winning. 

....................

Well Son I am thinking since it is a holiday you probably wont be receiving or sending emails today but I thought I might as well email you today anyway. I really liked your last email it seems like that's how life goes, ya always have to refocus and rededicate ourselves to what were trying to accomplish, I can definitely relate. I have also realized that is good because you have to recognize the need to improve and step up you game so to speak before you can make things happen that you want to happen. Being the one that others look to for guidance and direction or being the one in charge so to speak is humbling and challenging, but it's a great opportunity to grow and learn also. I am certain of one thing, as we are obedient and humble the spirit will guide,inspire, help and bless us, the Lord wants to bless our lives we just need to do our part. I know you are a humble and worthy servant, don't be afraid to do what the spirit directs, it will always turn out for the best. Prayer, prayer and more prayer will make it happen. Good to hear all your new converts are doing well that is always gratifying to see them grow and progress in the church. I am glad Elder Bingham is enjoying his mission it's great he is very smart in the gospel if he combines that with the power of the spirit he will do great.
     

Things here at home are good and yes everyone is staying busy. A F won there game last week against Spanish Fork it was a exciting game they only won by 1 point, so they are 3-0 right now, it keeps Mic happy. All the coaches are working so hard this year and trying to do well it seems to be paying off.Things are much the same for Red ,work and friends, hoping to get school going. Matt and Keira came down for the weekend since it was a holiday today. I am staying busy at work, it's good to be busy. I got up early this morning (5:30) and went riding for about 4 hours, it was awesome. There is something great about watching the sun come up in the mountains and the mountains are so beautiful this year with flowers.
     

spiirt to elevate the work to greater heights as you diligently do His will. May your week be fruitful.

LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment