Tuesday 4 October 2011

October 4, 2011 Re: good conference - to Pops

Hey Dad! Thanks for the Email!! Sorry i didn't get a chance to email you yesterday. Transfers happened!! It was a rather interesting transfer, and a verry verrrry busy weekend for me! Well General Conference was great, but we ran in a little stress getting Stephanie Johnson to the church for the broadcast. We had a ride for her, but our ride dropped her off at the wrong church building! all the doors were locked, and she was stuck there by herself! Luckily The lord answered our prayers, and sent us "an Angel" there was a lady that felt prompted to just check and see if the conference was being broadcasted at the church building stephanie was left at. So she picked her up and brought her to us! The kind lady who lived outside of the stake continued to pick up stephanie for every conference session, and even for her Baptism. The ladies name was sister Diane Maughan?? i think, and she lives outside of the riverside stake, so she really went out of her way to help,and fellow ship. Well I was able to baptize stephanie sunday just before i left. Another slightly stressful thing that happened is Elder Bingham, and i got doubled out of the area. we both got transferred! I am now in Corona, in the Circle City ward with Elder Jeffrey as a Zone Leader. I replaced Elder Combe!:) Elder BIngham left to Jurupa.. Well i am limited on time i will be sure to email you more details on the transfer, and on the week next week. The story,and the reasoning behind why we both got transferred  i s neat so i will have to save that for you later. WEll i g2g love you all. 


PS that's sad buster died, but I'm glad he got to live for so long. G2G zls can be busy sometimes.


....................


Hello Son good to hear things are doing well, did your baptism's work out for you this week end with conference and all? Speaking of conference it was great , there were some talks that really hit home for me. I really liked the priesthood session it seemed to focus on all priesthood holders fully commiting themselves to stand stronger and do more to help build and strengthen the church and those who need help. The spirt, the talks, are all very uplifting and full of great wisdom and knowledge, it just strenghtens your testimony of the truth and this is truly gods church and we are so blessed to know that and be apart of His great eternal plan. So yeah when I was on my mission we were only able to hear one session of conference, usually the saturday morning session. So what's happening with the young african american lady you were teaching and committed to baptism, I hope she is still progressing 
      
Well things at home are okay but I do have some sad news to tell ya, your good old buddy Buster passed away on tuesday I am really surprised he lived this long, I think he lived longer because of the other dogs they kind of perked him up. I must say he was defiantly the best dog we have ever had, he was a special dog with love for everyone and everything (cats).


AF played Lehi on friday and won which was good they needed a win, and Mic is the strength and conditioning coach plus the linebackers coach. Matt and Keira came down for the weekend it was good to see them, they seem to be doing well. Red is staying very busy with work, I think her friend Jesse goes in the MTC next week I think he has been a good influence on her. If ya can try to email Kay and Red they would love it. 
     
Well it sounds like the weather is going to change this weekend with colder temps and possible snow in the mountains, so I think I will go riding tomorrow morning. I hope your  week is good and things go well for you. Keep up the hard work and hope and pray you will find those who are ready to listen to your message. May the spirt guide and direct you and strengthen you in all you do. I love ya very much and am very proud of the great missionary you are. 

LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment