Monday 6 September 2010

September 6, 2010 - to Keira

Well ive got some cool new news!! im in a different Area now! There was an emergency Transfer that took place, and i got to be a part of the moving around. So what happended was there was an Elder in Hemet
(my new area) who got sick so he went to Riverside to recover. There also was a tri companionship of office assistants in Riverside, so i was the one who filled in the empty spot in Hemet, while the office assistant from Riverside filled in mine back in Redlands. Long story Eh? well i was glad to accept the call to go to Hemet i know thats where the lord wanted me to go.MY new ward is the Valle Vista Hemet ward!  So my new companion is Elder Fairbanks from star valley Wyoming. I think my new comp is amazing! He is a convert, and the only member in his Family. He has been out for 15 months. He has just one older brother that is 23. The coolest part about him is that he is a great wrestler. he was Ranked in the top 5 in the nation for most of his whole High school years. He had scholorships in a number of schools, but he decided to go to Nebraska until he turned 19, and left for his mission. Elder Fairbanks is a small guy about 5'7, he mainly wrestled in weight classes from 112 to around 125. We workout every morning for about 45 mins at a members gym so im liking that! I now have the privlage to be in a car now a 2009 Gold toyota corolla not my prefrence in color or vehicles, but i guess thats how we roll around in Hemet.
So i got the call at 9:45 at night last tuesday, then i started to pack my bags, and i didnt finish packing till almost 12. it was exhasting, but now im here in Hemet! Hemet is deffinatly not as beautiful as Redlands, but its got its pros and cons. that is convicts. Hemet is half dessert half not. its fairly hot, but not too bad. Back in the day when hemet was new, and less developed they use to say Hemet is Heaven, because the population mainly consists of Elderly people, not Elders, but old people. I am really loving it here it is definatly different, but there are alot more opportunities to help people out. Being here has strengthened my testimony. Alot of people move to hemet from the LA, and orange county area they actually release a couple people who have served there time in Prisons to Hemet. For the most part i really enjoy Hemet! it took a little transition, but now Elder Fairbanks and i are working great together. I feel that i have learned so much on my Mission, and i continue to grow more and more Each day. I am quite thankful for the Emergency Transfer that took place i was looking forward to the end of this transfer, because i probably would leave Redlands, but hey i spoke to soon. I now live in a large spacious appartment with 2 other spanish Elders. Elder Hernandez, and Elder Browning! they are super nice and hilarious. well i dont know what will happen to my old investigators i picked up in Redlands, but i hope Everything goes well for them. I dont have much time to write to you so i just copied and pasted this. ill talk to you more next week love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment