Thursday 16 June 2011

June 13, 2011 Keira's B day - to Pops


Hey Daddeo! Things are going great! The past 2 weeks have been busy. I am still getting settled into the new Area, but i have caught up real fast! The ward is awesome! We also have some great Investigators too. There are quite a number that we are working with. I am hoping to pray and work hard to finally get some of these people wet. President Reeves goes home in about 2 weeks! We had our last Multi zone with him last Friday! Its craazzy to see them go. Its funny the majority of their training was on Going home as a Missionary, and getting Married, and good companion attributes. Things in my new area are quite well. Ive got more hills then the Arlington ward, and since we are so close to downtown riverside its smoggey. The weather here has been quite odd. Mainly its been heating up slowly, but yesterday morning we got a little rain. I haven't heard much about the Arlington ward, but i will be sure to check back up on them. We should have 2 baptisms toward the end of this month. Kevin, and Xiaoli. They are both awesome! Kevin was found right before i got there. He was found by Elder Moore, and Elder Pese. He is 16 yrs old, and the kids just the friendliest guy. Hey is a good kid, and the gospel is just right for him. What is the coolest thing about him is how he got a strong confirmation while praying about the BOM. He knows it is true! since then he hasn't skipped a beat. he is expected to be baptized on the 26th. Xiaoli is a referral Elder Moore, and i received the first week i was here. Xiaoli's husband Bing submitted in the info, because he is a Recent Convert, and He is one of the coolest guys i have ever met. They both speak English fairly well, but they have a strong accent. Bing loves the church, and with him and the spirit we were able to have a great first lesson with Xiaoli, and we committed her for baptism for the 3rd of July.
  
Well sounds like Everything is going well back home. I am glad all is still going well. we are all so blessed. I am glad to hear you are doing well pops. I am soo happy to hear you are still doing the great morning routine! has it been effective. you been losing weight? I have a gift for the baby! i got some cute baby clothes for her for free! I need to send them off soon before she grows to much! So how are all the Thomsons doing? where are Matt, and Keira staying? so how is the ward back home doing? I hope bro Vought gets better. How is that family doing? What are the Holley's up too? I need to write them back along with Bro Clarke. How is the new Bishop doing? Who are the counselors? Oh that's right its bro Miche, and Bro Gifford! i forgot. Well I'm going to try, and write mic a letter its been a while since i have emailed him. hey pops how is my package coming along? no rush just curious. 

Well i g2g love u dad i will be sure to fill you in more on Elder Moore, and our adventures.

..........

Hello Son how goes everything? I am sure your staying very busy learning your new area and calling duty's, I hope it is going well. I am sure the weather has warmed up lots as it has for us finally. So how are things with your investigators ? I hope that they are progressing well, it sounds like you have a good amount teaching which is great. So let us know more of your new companion and area what is things like for you? I talked with Austin Sunday he went through the temple on Saturday and said how awesome it was. He goes in the MTC on the 29 of this month, he was asking me about what we did in buying you a bike for your mission. Have you heard anything about your investigators  in your last area, I hope D'andrea is being taught and is progressing to baptism. So when does Pres. Reeves leave to go home? We received a letter from them letting us know you had been called to be a district leader.
     
Well things are doing well at home, today is Keira's birthday we are planning to go out to dinner for her. Your little Braelynn is two months old as of yesterday and she is growing and changing all the time. Mic has been busier with football the past few weeks, 7 on7 tournaments and practice. Kaylee started working again on Saturday, she is planning on just working one night a week and on Saturday's. Red is working hard as usual they have been scheduling her 5 days a week for some time. She was long boarding the other night with some friends and bruised herself a bit but say's she is fine. Keira has been going with Matt's Mom up the canyon and hiking the Timp trail in the mornings for exercise. I am still doing my same routine exercising in the morning and drinking my smoothies, it seems to work well. Work has picked up more with the good weather. I home teach the Voughts, Bro Vought has had some health problems, diabetes, he had to have one toe removed from his foot and now his kidneys are giving him problems I gave him a blessing last week before he went into the hospital, i visited him on Sunday hopefully things are improving for him.
     
Well I better finish up and get to work. It sure is awesome to hear the joy and happiness your experiencing in doing the work of the Lord. I am very happy for you and pray the Lord will continue to bless you and your companion that together you may be a powerful force in bring the gospel to all those who will listen. Draw all the power and strength you can from the Lord through his spirit, that all who you meet and talk to may feel the spirit and be drawn to it. I love you very much and am so grateful for the blessing you are in my life, continue in strength and courage you are a mighty solider for the truth. May you and your companion have a great week with many spiritual experiences, I pray for your success.

LOVE POPS 

No comments:

Post a Comment