Monday 27 June 2011

June 27, 2011 to Pops (Austin going in MTC this week)


HI Dad!! We had another great week together! Kevins Baptism was amazing! it was by far one of the most spiritual Baptisms i have ever been too. Brother Smalley was able to baptize Kevin, Bro, and sis Smalley did an amazing job at fellow shipping Kevin. Kevin is quite the unique young man. He has had just a remarkable spirit about him! He is very social, and friendly, and he was very quick to judge the truthfulness of our message. He is the only member of his family, but we are hoping they will eventually come along, and visit the church. Kevin shows a strong desire to serve a mission too! I hope he can stick through it these next couple years. He will be blessed, and tried very hard.
  
Well Xiaoli, and Shannon are still going to be baptized this next Sunday, at least that's the plan. I will be sure to let you know how that goes. Well i got a great email from Parker! Talking about his receiving of the Priesthood, and his Passing of the Sacrament at the Developmental Center. I was excited to hear from him, and email him back. I was able to write a Letter to Austin, and his Family this week, but idk if he will be able to get the letter until he is in the MTC. I wonder if he will come across an Elder that just left from  this ward. Elder Keers. we were able to help him alot prepare to leave for his mission.
Well i am so glad that everyone is still busy that's always a good sign. Looks like Red had an fun time hiking in flip flops. haha. You should have her Read a Talk given by Elder Patrick Kearon in the October 2010 General Conference ensign entitled Come to me with full purpose of heart, and i shall heal you. Its really really good it starts of by talking about flip flops.
Well i don't have much more time, thanks again for the email, and the soon to come package. Don't worry too much over it. Its only when you find time. Well i was also able to write the Holleys a letter. they should receive it this week. Well g2g love you

....................

Hello Son your email was great it sounds like things are really hopping there and your a very busy man. I am sure you like it that way, it's great to have lots of investigators( 7 at church awesome) to teach and it sounds like your going to be getting a number of them wet real soon. So I guess Kevin was baptized on Sunday, how did it go? And Sunday was Elder Moore's birthday, tell I hope he had a good birthday. Elder Moore seems like a great companion, lots of go power, which it sounds like that is what ya need right now with all the great work you have to do. Well I hope Xiaoli and Shannon come through for you this week and are able to receive the blessings of baptism. They both sound like wonderful people, it is so humbling,so blessed and such a privilege to be able to be an instrument in Gods hand in bringing choice spirts into his kingdom. Such memories ( which I hope you are writing down) and friendships eternal you make through the Lords work. Sounds like Elder Moore can take care of your bike if you have troubles, a good Man to have as a companion. Your enjoying great times, do not feel tired but seek most earnest the spirt and it will give you knowledge, strenght, energy, and the ability to accomplish all you have to do.
     
Well things at home are doing good it is a bit busy right now. Mic has lots going with work, football and baby. I have been busy with work and trying to get everything ready for our varsity scout camp in two weeks. Red is busy with work as usual and she kind of scraped her leg up hiking in the dark in flip flops on Friday night but she is one tough girl as is doing fine, she can't slow down for anything. Matt and Keira are doing good they were here for Sunday dinner. Kay and baby are awesome there both doing good. Well Austin spoke in church Sunday and did well, He looks ready and excited to be going into the MTC this week.
     
Well I am running late as usual ( I need to improve that) so I better finish up. One way or another I will send you a package this week ( I am such a procrastinator don't you do that). I must say I have really felt you spirt of joy and happiness in your past emails and I am so happy for you. I feel your spirt it is strong, it is powerful and it touches my heart. I am so very proud and humbled to be your father. Never feel you have arrived or reached the top, ya never do for there is so much more we can learn and do. I see that you are climbing the mountain with such energy, do not slow but increase your speed and efforts where you can. I feel in my heart there is such great opportunities for you in this new area and calling, let the spirt be you guide and strength. The Lord will give you ALL only we stop that from happening. You are doing a fantastic job and having great success keep it up. I love you very much and pray for your investigators, and pray for your continued joy and happiness in the Lords work.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment