Monday 20 December 2010

December 20, 2010 to Missy


Hello Missy!! 

I just Recieved your Email!!! i was soo greatful for your wonderful Personal Experience. I look at your Family, and it strengthens me sooo much. I have always looked up to you, and wing for your wonderful Parenting skillz. YOU can see how satan would want to break up such an amazing family. I know that Heavenly Father Has sooo much in store for your wonderful obedient children Parker, Grace, Kate, and Emily. Its so true though that Satan is working extremely extremely hard today to look for every nook and cranny to get in and Destroy that sacred Ordained most important social unit the Family. 

I also Know that the one thing that satan is probably the most successful at is making us feel unworthy, and worthless. He does not want us to gain a testimony, and a knowledge of the Fullness of the Restored gospel. If we were to gain such a testimony that would enable us to have no limitations to our thoughts actions, and blessings. Today is such a world of Justifacation. Boldy put justifacation is the grease on the pole down to hell. Eat drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die. Eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God-he will justify in commiting a little sin; yea lie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for thy neighbor there is no harm in this, and do all these things for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the Kingdom of god. I hope these x mas season everyone will do just the oppisite of this scripture, Give a little, say kind words to another, and help others out of pits. We should do this all year round, and i know that God will bless us all tremendously. 

Well thats about all i got for today, But thanks again for all you do Missy. I love YOU, Wing, Parker, Grace, Kate, and Emily. I wish the Whole BUTLER, and Durrant family a Merry xmas and a Happy new year. 

....................


Hi there Elder!

How goes the work? Christmas time is such a wonderful time of reflection for our Savior. I pray that you will find people open to the message you have to share and that the people you have been working with find the answers they need to commit. In my life, I've found that the closer someone gets to committing or changing, the harder the adversary works on them. I know the adversary worked on Wing when he got closer and closer to to restoring his temple blessings. It's not always in sin, and wasn't in our case, but in attitude and through trials. Sometimes it's through the people around them. With Wing it was through guilt and shame telling him that he is not worthy to obtain those blessings again. It's important to keep on eye on the prize and not faulter. The family unit is the most important unit in all of the church. Satan knows this better than anyone. It's important to be aware of his power and at the same time be aware of our power to crush his head. I was reminded of that during Keira's endowments. Sometimes it seems that the adversary is just too strong and that it's just too hard to overcome difficult feelings. The endowment session reminded me that Satan only has so much power and only the power that we allow him to have. If we stay faithful and unwavering to the covenants we make with Heavenly Father, we will overcome our struggles. It's my prayer that the people you are working with will feel that testimony and be confident enough in themselves to make the changes necessary to commit to baptism and later eternal families.

Sorry for the long boring speech. I've been struggling with why it's still hard for me to conquer my hurt when all of our temple blessings have been restored and everything is good now for our family. Wonder if I'm not faithful enough and put myself down. But, I know that Satan wants me to think this way and to not feel worthy of healing. It's also hard to patient with myself. I can be very patient with everyone else in my life, just not myself. So I'm learning to be more patient with myself. I'm right where God wants me to be. We always are. Even if it's hard. I share these things in hopes to give you some insight into your investigators lives. We've been through darkness. Especially Wing. And have overcome. Never once did feel alone. I always felt the Savior with me. In fact, I've even felt His literal arms wrapped around me. His love will conquer all.

If it helps, and if the spirit prompts you, you have permission to share my families story with those who struggle with the same trials. I know that you don't know all of it, but if feel you need more information, I can share it with you.

Alright already!!! Enough of this. I hope I'm not boring you to death!

The wedding was awesome! The sealer was funny, sincere and detailed. He was a wonderful teacher. I learned so much. We thought that Matt or Keira knew him somehow and asked him how he knew the bride and groom after the ceremony. He said that he didn't know them at all until that morning. We were surprised, because he was so personal and just perfect for them. I was very happy for Keira. She wore your Mom's old temple clothes and looked beautiful. Pammy was definitely there. You could feel her presence every step of the way. It almost felt like she was holding Keira's hand or hugging her. It was awesome.

Keira seemed calm and at the same time nervous. I guess that's how we all seem. She was mostly excited to get the marriage over with. She's been ready for quite a while now.  The spirit was very strong.

Your other family members will probably give you more details about the reception and stuff. It was a wonderful and very long day. Glad to have it over with. (Don't tell Keira that.)

Well, G2G. I love you so much and admire all that you are doing. You are a very special young man who is capable of doing things for the Lord that is unique for only you. Stay faithful and mindful of those around you. You will find success in many different ways and I am sure that you have more success than you are aware of.

With much love,

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment