Monday 20 December 2010

December 20, 2010 to Pops

HELLO Father of mine. 


I was very glad to hear that the wedding went swell, and that Xmas is still on schedule!!! Well as for me in my appartment, we are still serving the lord. Elder McHardy is an awesome guy! He has been super easy to train, and to serve with. I couldnt have asked for a better Trainee. WElll a little about him well. He is from Colombus Ohio. He went to some school at BYU before he came on his Mission. HE LOVES to sing sing sing. He was in the BYUs mens Choir for a while too. He is an all around friendly guy, and soo far we havent ran into any problems at all. I am going to have a great time serving in Hemet for most likely the next 3 months. 


I Love my Appartment! we have a blast together! now in the appartment Weve got Elder Mejia (my best friend from the pre-mortal life), and Elder T-Bear Picard who goes home in 4 months, Elder McHardy, and ME. 


I am So excited for Chistmas now. Sister Gulassa is a very very nice lady. I am looking forward to spending xmas with her Family. I am thinking that our call will be at 5:00 i hope that will work if not just let me know! Well everyone in my appartment is doing great as far as being set for Christmas, if you want to send 4 items of similar features to everyone in the appartment feel free. Anyways yea board games! There is one game in Particular that I have been thinking about alot, and that is Ticket to Ride :) :). 


Well Let me tell you of my Great experience of Picking Elder McHardy up! so when you go to the mission home they do not tell you who your new companion is going to be. what they do is they have the Trainees sit down first, and then they have the Trainers go, and sit down by who they think there new companion is. Sure enough i went strait for elder McHardy, and sat down right next to him. i was on his right side, and nobody was on his left. So it was awesome to hear President Reeves announce that i was to be serving with him. 


Well on the way back to Hemet Elder McHardy, and i were sitting in the back seat of the truck when all of the sudden on the middle of the free way appears this random tire that we unavoidably had to try, and run over. The only thing we could do was try and hope it wouldnt get caught between the truck, and the pavement. Well it got caught, and did a little damage to the bottom of the truck. so we had to fix it real quick before we could head back to hemet. so it took 4 hours to get home.... crazzy. 


well the work is going great. i just hope people would actually come to church, and do whats necessary in their life to enjoy the blessings of the father. 


Well i will plan on calling you xmas at 5 love you. bye bye



....................


Hello son it sounds like you have had a busy and exciting week, I hope all has gone well for you. Well how are things with your new greenie companion, hope it is a good experience and you are enjoying it. I am guessing his name is Elder McHardy just a wild guess. Let us know a bit about him and where he is from. Also I was thinking earlier but forgot to ask is all the missionaries in your appartment going to be okay for christmas or do they need something, if so what cause we would love to help if needed. Also I see from your pictures you play some board games ( which you are king of) is there any you would like besides the ones you have? And one of the most important questions what time are you planning to call on saturday so we can be sure to have everyone here. Also a Sister Patti Powell Gulassa sent me an email ( thats how I came up with  Elder McHardy) and a couple of pictures. She said you have been teaching her son who just left on a mission last friday, said your a great missionary and enjoys your visits. She mentioned she has some neices who are going to BYU and could take some packages down for us if we needed so I may try and do that it wil save on shipping.
      

Well you sister is now Keira Thomson, all went very well this week it was a great experience. Keira went through the temple on thursdat night. All of your Moms temple cloths fit her perfect so she wore them it was special for to be able to do that. Saturday went very well they were married at one, had lots of family there it was a nice day. Suzy worked so hard and did so much for the reception it was very nice, I dont know how I will every repay her for all she does, I just pray the Lord will bless her greatly for her sacrifice and kindness. I am planning on trying to get a bunch of pictures sent to you soon of the wedding and from the past year. 
      
Well I better wrap this up, I am so looking forward to talking on saturday and we can catch up on things then also. I pray you are doing well and things are good with your new companion. I know you will be a great Daddy, you love and kindness for others is one of your greatest traits, and is what endeers other people to you. You are a leader and will do awsome be confident and know between you and the Lords help you will acomplish his will. I love you and pray your week will be profitable and that the Lords work will blossom and grow for you and your companion. Let me know of anything you need or others may need, and what time you want to call. Talk to ya on saturday.

LOVE POPS 


No comments:

Post a Comment