Tuesday 22 February 2011

February 21, 2011 to Dad

Hi Pops!! thank you for the great Email. :) 


Things here are still going great!!! Nothing too new happened this week. It was very rainey, and cold though. We did however have a great lesson with one of our investigators! His name is Berry, he is this awesome cool African American that is in his later 60's. He has been looking very very hard for the truth, and he knows there can only be one true religion. He also believes in the apostasy, and in multiple heavens. He hasnt accepted a book of mormon yet, he just wants to study from the bible.. We are getting very close though just this last week we took a member over with us, and we showed up just in time!! Because when we knocked on berrys door he answered it, and said hey come on in i am meeting with the Jehovahs witness' right now. lol so we got in and taught the JW jay dub as well. He was very quiet the whole time, and hardly said anything at all we sure did confound him. Berry, and our member talked for most of the time. 


Well i hope Mic, and Kaylee get feeling better. Thats no fun to be sick right before the Baby shower...:( WoW i hope KT is enjoying her new phone. goodness seems like alot has changed since i have left... 


I cant believe i have almost been out for a year!! I should have another baptism coming up on March 5th!!! its been a long going process, but this couple is finally getting married, and then the husband is going to get baptized! I am verry happy to be here in Hemet the work has really really picked up. i really just need to keep working harder, and harder, because i feel like i am starting to get a little lazy. I feel like i just know too many people here, and i know there schedules, and i should really always give everyone the chance they deserve to come unto Christ, and recieve the blessings in store for them. I may only have just a few more weeks left here, unless President Reeves chooses other wise. its all up to the spirit. 


WELL I love you pops be sure to let everyone know that everything is going A OK. 


....................


Hello son it was so great to receive such an awsome, awsome email from you. I can see and understand why that was your best birthday ever, I am sure it was a very spirtual and fullfilling day. I was thinking it will be great because for the rest of your life every time you have a birthday you will also be able to remember your awsome birthday and those who you were able to teach and help bring the gospel into there lives. I am sure it was really special to be able to go back to Redlands and see and be with the members there and Elder Holmguist. I am sure it was great to see Patrick be baptized and know you was able to commit him to be baptized. You know even though we are far apart I could feel your happiness and joy, your happy spirt as I read your email, the spirt is such a magnificent blessing. I to am thankfull for those missionary Mom's that are such a blessing to you, I hope you always let them know how thankfull we are for there kindness and love. I really enjoyed the pic's you sent it neat to be able to put faces to the names, and see your joy and happiness in a picture. It is good to know you have many contacts and people to teach I pray you are able to find a way to bring them to the joy and happiness of the gospel.

Well things here are doing well but Mic and Kay have been sick for the past few days with a bad cold or flew, Kaylee has had a rough day today has'nt been able to keep things down, hope she can feel better quickly. She has been a bit more misserable lately as she gets closer to the due date. Red is still busy working and she just got her a new phone, a I phone G4, verizon now has them, she was very excited to get one. Matt and Keira seem to be doing well, they have'nt been down for a few weeks but plan on coming down this weekend for Kaylees baby shower. Things are picking up a bit at work, although I worked my butt of thursday we went to Salt Lake and pulled apart a huge shelf system that Duff bought and loaded it all up aand hauled it to AF. Now we have to reassemble it inhis back storage area, which I am sure will take alot more time than it did to disassemble it. I am glad I have been working out for the past six weeks or I would have been much tougher.

Well I better finish up, I hope you have had a good week doing missionary work. I am so happy and excited for you and the great spirtual experiences you are having, they will be a blessing and strenght for you the rest of your life. The Lord loves you and is very pleased with your desire to do his will. I pray the spirt will be strong and present with you constintly that you may know the will of the Lord, that He may be able to guide your footsteps and lead you to those seeking the truth. I know He will and can as you faith in him grows and strenghtens. I love you very much and am so thankfull for your great example and spirt, continue to be happy and let your spirt and the spirt of the Lord shine fourth form you, that all those you meet and teach will know you are the Lords servent. I hope and pray you have a sucsessful week may you be blessed for you hard work.

 LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment