Wednesday 16 February 2011

February 14, 2011 to Dad

HI Dad Thanks for the great email! I must say that this was by far one of the best Birthdays i have ever had!! I waited all week to open my package after church Sunday, and everything inside was perfect. Thanks again for all the items. The Health food, the Hair Product, and the soap, and spray. They were all i wanted. 


Anyways well the reason why this was one of the best b-days ever is because Patrick did get baptized, and  i was able to go back to Redlands for a Baptism!! Jeffrey Mann's little brothers finally got Baptized. It took a while, because Chris could not be submerged in water, but he is fully healed, and Elder Holmquist baptized him, while Elder Stevens baptized Alex, and i gave the talk for the Baptism! It just so happened that i got to Redlands early, so i decided to see a family that i knew who lived close to the temple, and the church were the baptism was held. I saw the Padgett Family! They are way cool, and they helped us teach a few people when i was in Redlands. So chances are that the Padgetts just so happened to be feeding the missionaries that evening, and it just so happened that i obviously did not have a dinner because i was going to the baptism @ 5 in redlands. The Padgetts also just so Happened to be a Family of all girls, so they were actually having a hard time that evening finding another male present for the dinner.My ride to Redlands just so happened to be another male who is awesome Glen Clement a younger Returned Missionary that always goes on team ups with us. So I had 3 baptisms of people i taught that day, dinner with the Padgetts, and they just so happened to have made an amazing cake for dinner that they put 20 candles on for me! :D I really had an awesome B-Day, and it was as if you were all there too. I too am also thankful for ''Mission Moms'' They tend to be Mothers with Missionaries out on Missions like Sister Gulassa, and Sister Padgett. They are soo nice to Missionaries. Well that was my b-day, and i will be sure to send you Pictures.


I am so thankfull to be out on a mission right now,and I have loved serving in Hemet. the work here is really picking up we have found alot of people to teach, i am just barried deep with names.. I have done a really good job at finding people, now i just need to work on my closing skills. I am soo thankful for all the support i have recieved from you pops, and the whole Family! Be sure to let everyone Know how much i love them Red, Keira, Mic Kaylee, and The Butlers, The Durrants, The Shortts, The Hammonds, and the whole clan back home. Well i will write you more in a sec, but i hope everyone enjoys this email.


....................


 Hello son good to hear all is well, I hope you have had a great week and that you had a good birthday. It was awsome to hear Patrick is being baptized on your birthday, I am sure that made for a great day. I hope we did okay with what we sent ya for your birthday I had to round up things quick so I could send it with Patti's mom. If you need anything else let me know I can send it to ya. Well the weather has warmed up a bit and is better I am sure that makes it better for you getting around. So how is the work going you able to find some new investigators to teach. I have been praying the spirt of the Lord will guide you to those ready and seeking the truth. I was at the Temple early saturday morrning and saw Pres. Ivins we sat together in the chaple, he asked about you and how you are doing, I told him you are very happy in doing the work of the lord. Also I saw Pres Hanson ( the stake pres. before Pres. Ivins) he also asked about you, they both commented on how great a young man you are and yes I agreed. It was also a world wide training broadcast saturday morrning from 9 to 11, they went through somethings on the new handbook they introduced a couple months ago. It is so great to be able to go to the temple each week, I have realalized how much I have missed out by not doing it all my life, the spirt there is so stong and it is such a blessing.
      
Well things are much the same at home, everyone seems to be doing well . Kaylee is down to about six or seven weeks left, it is exciting for them, Mic is excited for the big day ( can't wait) when his little girl will be born. It will be a big time of change for them in there lives, a baby makes life different. Matt and Keira seem to be doing well I know they are sending you something for your birthday, it will probably be there a little late she didnt have your adress and had to call and get it from me. Red is much the same work and school. I am still doing fine, work is starting to pick a bit I am sure with the warmer weather coming it will get take off.
     
Well I hope you are finding sucsess in your efforts, let me know how things are. I know the Lord is with you and through his spirt will guide and bless you. Remember challenges and difficulties come to strenghten us and make us stronger, as you increase your faith in the Lord and continue to do all you can the blessings will come. I know you are doing an awsome job, with a great attitude and happy, keep up the greeat work. It is all about the spirt, being in tune so He can guide you, and having it with you when you meet and teach people, once they feel the spirt they want more. I love you and pray daily that the Lord will bless you and Elder McHardy as you strive to find those who will listen and obey. May you have a spiritual week and feel the hand of the Lord in all you do. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
LOVE POPS
      






No comments:

Post a Comment