Monday 28 February 2011

February 28, 2011 to Dad


Hello Pops. I had another alright week. This week was a little chiller, and wet, but it was a nice chilly. This week was fairly busy, and i didn't get as much done as I would have liked. this week we didn't get a chance to visit Berry, but we will for sure next week. we had a long weekly Planning session, because we were working on these really neat maps. We are able to geographically pin point every members home on a map with every street in our area. This week we also had another temple trip!! i took some pics, but i have been meaning to send you some more! :) Well I actually have 2 baptisms this Saturday! Were are baptizing Nick, who just got married to Jackie on Saturday the 26th. Jackie is a member, but her little sister Cassie isn't. So we will be baptizing Nick, and Cassie on the 5th of march, and most likely i will get transferred on the 7th!!

Leaving Hemet Is kind of going to be bitter sweet. I have grown soo much here, and i know sooo many people here in this large hemet valley. The members here have been great, and i know through there great example there will continue to be many baptisms in Hemet. My bishops have been awesome as well! i have really learned alot from them. Bishop Holtom, and his family are awesome. He told me i should ask to stay longer here. lol. I am excited to go and see other places, but i will miss Hemet that's for sure. I am just super happy to leave on a good note with 2 baptisms.

Well I am glad the Baby shower was a success, and i am glad that Mic, and Kay are feeling better. :). I hope Red doesn't come down with what they had... It seems like it is the season for sickness. I can really see all the bugs, and sickness that goes around when i am knocking on doors. Well pops i sure am proud of you seems like in your past emails you really have been feeling better! I know that exercise, and eating right can do that for you. Keep it up. I love you soo much i don't want you to have any health issues for a long time. Again i hope that all is well back home, and that everyone is doing good, and being happy. Be sure to continue to be Grateful for everything we have. I Love all the advice you have given me. You are The best, and most Faithful father a son could ever ask for. Love U SOO.

....................

Hello son I enjoyed your email, sounds like things are good and your staying busy. Good to here you have another baptism coming up, I hope all goes well for them and it comes through as planned. Your friend Berry sounds like an interesting man, I hope he can bring himself to begin reading the Book of Mormon, I know it is one of the main reasons people are converted to the gospel, it has such a powerfull spirt as they read. I am a bit surprised when you went there that the JW was not more confrontational, on my mission most all of them we met were very agressive and arguementive. But thats good he was'nt it only makes for a bad experience for all. I also understand what your saying about kind of getting into a routine or maybe a rut and it seems like things just are not progressing as you like. It kind of seems easy to just do the usual, but I learned to really work hard at seeking the spirts direction and breaking away from the norm and seeking new people and areas to work. I guess the most important thing is you and your companion pray fervently for the spirts help and guidence and follow thoes feelings and promptings when they come. You are on Gods mission and as such are entitled to his complete help as you faithfully ask. I know for sure He desires to help you that you may sucseed in His great work.
     
Well things at home are doing better, Mic and Kay are feeling better but not 100 percent yet. They had a nice baby shower for Kaylee at Pam Wilsons home, and they had lots of people show up. I think Kaylee was very happy, Red and Keira was in charge of doing games and had several, everyone really enjoyed them. It sounds like Red may be getting sick though she's not feeling to good today. So far I have been blessed to miss out on it and I hope it stays that way. Matt and Keira came down this weekend for Kaylee's baby shower, it was good to see them it's been awhile since they have been down, but they seem to be doing very good and are happy. I am doing fine, work is starting to pick up a bit I am sure when it gets a little warmer things will take off. I have been blessed with good health and have been feeling better now I am exercising and eating better.
     
Well its time to wrap up, but I am so very happy for you and all the great experiences you are having, just keep your heart and desires focused and doing all the Lord would want you to do. The Lord loves you and is pleased with your effort to do his will, your a great missionary, with a heart that loves all those you meet. Let the Lord work through you with the guidence of His spirt and many good things will happen. My prayers for you daily is that you may feel the spirt so strong that you may know the will of God in all you do, and that those you teach will feel His spirt also. Love you Son, love you very much and am so proud of the great man and missionary you are, stay happy, love what your doing and enjoy every minute of your mission, for too soon you will be wishing you could stay longer. Have a great week  and may Gods blessings be upon you and your companion.
LOVE POPS 

No comments:

Post a Comment