Monday 4 July 2011

July 4, 2011 to Pops (July 4)


HEY Dad! Hows it going? Thanks again for another great email. This week for me was fantastic! Everything was very pleasant, except for the weather! :P Hot.. Xiaoli, and Shannon were both able to be Baptized on Sunday! It was a neat experience! Elder Moore baptized Shannon, and Xiaoli's husband Bing was able to come down from Northern California to baptize her. I was able to have a neat experience Meeting with President Smart! We found out last minute that Shannon, and Xiaoli needed to be interviewed with Pres Smart to be Baptized, so Saturday evening we were able to schedule an Interview for them, and we got there early, so we could meet, and talk with him. Just Elder Moore, and I. He is a real neat guy. President Smart is Very smart, he has mainly worked in the Computer Science field for most of his life, but he owns his own company now dealing with investment. I think its Smart investing, or something. He has worked for Novell, and he helped develop Word Perfect. We officially met him with the Riverside zone today, and i am excited to be working with him.   Elder Moore, and i are now in Finding mode! We will still be teaching alot of lessons, but we defiantly will be trying to find some new people to teach. Now that i am District leader not too much is different! i am so used to having a District leader companion, and having to help with District leader responsibilities. The only thing that is new that comes along with being district leader is Exchanges, and Baptismal Interviews. i Haven't had to do a baptismal interview yet, but maybe soon, because my district is hoping to have some baptisms coming up.
  
My 4th of July was way fun yesterday, because it was so chill. It was a P day, which made it even better. We went over to the Johnstons for dinner at 6. They are a very friendly, and Pleasant older couple, and in the evening time we went over to the Durans to hang out with Matt. Matt is a 14yr old whose brother just left to Australia on his mission. His Brother Chris is in the MTC, so we were able to read a letter of his that he sent to his family. Ohh the MTC what good memories. Well things here continue to go great! I am soo looking forward toward all the work that lies ahead this summer, but i am not super excited for Heat Bleh. Well i g2g now. i am Glad everyone back home is still going great! I love you all ttyl

....................

Hello Son I enjoyed your last email it sounds like things are going well. It sounds like Kevin is an amazing young man, I hope he can continue and go on a mission. Well how was your week did your baptisms for Xiaoli and Shannon go well for you? I hope things are still going well with all your investigators, I suppose you are very busy teaching which is what you want to be doing. So how are things going with the new calling as a District Leader? I am sure it takes a bit more of your time. Well I guess you now have a new mission pres, what is his name and have you been able to meet with him yet? Well are you and Elder Moore still burning up the streets on your bikes trying to keep up with everything? I am not sure if you will be able to email today but I thought I better email you just in case.
     
Well things are about the same here, I am getting busy with preparing for our scout camp next week. Mic is going to Snow College for football camp this week he takes off tomorrow. Everybody got together as usual at Kens for the fourth it was nice everybody asked how things are going for you. That is cool ya heard from Parker he is a great young man  I am sure he is going to do great things. Well Abury is getting married this Saturday, I hope it all turns out well, they are having it at there house.
     
Well as you can see I got started late today, holidays seem to threw everything of for me. I just wanted to let ya know how very happy I am that things are doing well for you and your able to have such great success in your new area. I know the Lord is blessing your life because of your hard work, your charity, and love for other people, you have such a good heart and always have. Well I hope you have an awesome week and that you are able to bring those you are teaching into the waters of baptism. I love ya very much may the spirit of the Lord guide and bless you.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment