Monday 14 March 2011

March 14, 2011 to Dad


HI Dad!! 

Thanks for the awesome Email!! sounds like things at home are still doing a OK! that is Awesome. SO i did get a email From Sam last week. Man i love that kid. I wrote him back a nice email. it was so good to hear from him. He seems to be doing really well.

Well my week has been Awesome. I am picking up on the new area fast. We have biked sooooo much its crazy. i wish i would have invested in a odometer in the beginging of my mission. We also talked to a ton of people i brokepersonal best for OYMS this week. OYM means open your mouth. so three OYMS means you talked with 3 people. The reason why we have done soo much biking, and talking to people is this area is a little dead. SO the past couple months have been interesting for the Arlington ward. So for the past 7 months the Arlington ward just had a senior couple for the Area, and about 6 weeks ago the senior couple moved into the Office to replace the Densleys, and so 6 weeks ago was when Elder Combe, and elder Verma got doubled into the area. Elder Verma Only had a few weeks left on his mission,and he was ready to go, so that slowed Elder combe down from working. Senior Missionaries don't generally tract, so we have also have been tracting a bunch too.
 
Well i kind of just threw a bunch of random info at you, it as organized as i would have liked. This computer is kind of funky. Anyways Elder Combe is Great. He is a hard worker too. He is from Heber City Utah! my first companion from Utah in the mission. He is an Awesome Elder. I have had such good companions i have been very blessed. He is a funny funny guy. He remarkably reminds me sooo much of Sean its crazy the humor, his actions. everything. I know that the work here is going to pick up. It already has a little bit. I am super excited to find new people to teach. NO matter where you are you can find the children that God has prepared. Elder Combe has been out for 6 months.
  
The Area here is very nice, but it is big time city area no doubt. The north part of the area is very nice. for the majority it is an all round great area. The only part that gets sketchy, and we are encouraged to stay away from it at night is the casa blanca area. I am already getting a hang of the area, and the streets from all the biking. I am very excited to have the chance to be serving here, and i hope to do my best in picking up the work. The ward is primarily full of older people, and the ward is about 75% less active, so we might be doing alot of reactivation work. Our appartments are right across the street from the our chuch the stake center. Our ward meets at 11, and right after us the Deaf branch has the sacrament. So idk if wing has ever attended the Deaf church meeting here in Riverside on jackson street.  

Well i g2g soon, but everything here is awesome, and it has just begun so i will be sure to fill you in on more next week. well ttyl love ya

....................

Hello son how has your week been? Very busy I am sure, moving and getting settled in and getting to know your area and new companion. Hopefully things have been good for you , so your new companion is Elder Combe, where is he from and how long has he been out? Looking at the map on line it looks like a nice area where you are at, looks like maybe there are some orange groves in your area or close around. Well I am happy for you still being on a bike, I think I would preferr that myself, you can probably get around easier than in a car in most cases. So how did your baptisms go on saturday before your transferr, I am sure it was nice you were able be apart of that before you left. Let us know all about you new area and what things are like and what your doing. I have been thinking this past week and have been impressed to say I really feel the Lord put us all in certain places at specific times for a reason. I feel certain you are where you are because the Lord has something special for you to do, so every day look at all those you meet and listen to the spirt it will speek to you heart, do what you feel impressed to with courage and no fear, you will be amazed at what the Lord will do for you.

Well things at home are doing fine, Mic was gone to Reno last week (wed to sat) to a coaching clinic, but the bad part is he came home sick again. Kaylee is doing good she will take off from work after tuesday to get ready for BABY, it could happen in the next two three weeks. Matt and Keira was down this weekend also, it was spring break for Matt last week but Keira still had work but she took off friday, they are doing great Keira was under the weather a bit I think she got something from Matt, he was sick earlier. Red is still working away, she still enjoying Good Earth. Work for me has been picking up and they started opening up on saturdays last weekend. I have been blessed so far still to not get all the sickness going around, which I am thankfull for.

Well I better wrap this up but I have hoped and prayed that all is well for you and your feeling happy with your new companion and area. I am sooooo very happy for you and proud of the great example you are. This week will be the big half way point for you so that means you have to increase your efforts and and work faster so you will be certain to accomplish all the Lord has planned for you. Well I am sure you have thought and planned it out allready. I am excited and looking forward to your email and hearing all about your experiences this past couple weeks. I am so blessed as a father to have such a great son, thank you so much. I  hope and pray you will have a great week ( look and Listen the spirt will guide you) and find those whom the Lord has lead you to that they will find happiness they have never knowen.

LOVE POPS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment