Monday 21 March 2011

March 18, 2011 to Dad: Happy Big 1 Year


Pops, and Family!! I thought i would just maybe send a large email to everyone this week, but i will see if i can respond to y'all individually after this email! :)
  
This week was awesome!!! I had the privilege to go back into Hemet for 3 baptisms. All 3 happened at the same time, and all 3 were committed to baptism when i left. I had the wonderful opportunity to go into the water again to baptize Jason Clark. I don't know if u remember Jason from any of my emails, but he is a great guy. He has learned and changed soo much since i met him. He was our neighbor that moved in next to us, a long time ago, and we just befriended him well, and he asked us when he could come to church with us, and we got him a ride, and he has been coming ever since. He was quite the shy non social guy when we met him he still has a little trouble reading, but BOM on audio has helped a ton, he had his vices, and struggles, but now he has been baptized and a great addition to the Echo Hills ward. The other 2 people that got baptized were David, and Lori Cooper they actually got married the day before his baptism. AS Elder Combe would say. I left a Gold Mine back in Hemet. I hope Elder Mchardy can continue to uplift those that live in Hemet.
  
So the work here in the Arlington ward is in what i personally call the Planting Seeds, and Pulling weeds stage of missionary work. We are in finding mode right now, and we are just pluggin along on our bikes trying to talk with as many people as possible. Sometimes i like to think that we are the Spiritual police patrolling the area looking for those in trouble, and need.
  
Well Elder Combe is the Man. I really enjoy working with him. He is a funny dude, but yet very quiet, and serious he is a hard worker. Hmm i think that would be cool if you met his dad Pops. He is kind if in the same scenario as us, but his mom kind of just up, and left his family a while back. He is the oldest of 4 he has 2 younger brothers, and his youngest is his 11 yr old sister. Elder Combe liked to race motocross, and ride Bmx bikes before he came on his mission. Seems like he has a great solid pops just like us.
  
Well i cant believe i am over the hump. Crazzzyy! :0 I have learned and grown so much on my mission, or at least i feel that way. I am soo gratefull for all the wonderful oppurtunties i have had while serving the lord. I am soo blessed to have the support i do, and the prayers from those that love me. Please Keep praying. Pray always.
  
I am soo happy that everyone back home has been doing well, and have been continually blessed. I want the best for everyone! I know that if we strive hard to do the things we now are right, and do the things that we can control. The lord well bless us by pouring out the blessing of things we cant control. He is bound when we do what he says. WEll i g2g i will try to write you all back i love you all heaps, and heaps.
 
Im going to try, and include some Pics of Jason, and other fun stuff from the mish

Elder Hunsake

No comments:

Post a Comment