Monday 18 July 2011

July 18, 2011 Bear Lake bound to Pops


Hello Popeeeoo. WOW. Family Bear Lake time again? That's crazy to much for my noggin to wrap around i cant believe that! That is nutz. Well My New Companions Name is Elder Bingham from Boise Idaho!! He is a real nice guy. He is great! I am soo looking forward to getting to know him a little better, and work with him some more. I would have to say so far on my mission he is the companion that i have the least in common with, but we have been finding more, and more commonalities day by day! He is a very very quiet guy, unlike Elder Moore. It is really quite a change, but i think all is going to go well. Elder Bingham loves to read. He is a smart guy, and he wants to be a writer when he gets back home. He wants to write sci fi fantasy type books. So far he has been super chill! very mellow... I need to get him burnin a bit with missionary greenie fire. :) He loves the work though. this week we were really blessed, because we picked up an awesome new investigator on Elder Binghams first day. Actually it was amazing the first house we knocked on while tracting on his first day we were kindly invited in, and we taught a whole 1st lesson, and left Matt (our new investigator) with a Book Of Mormon! three days later on Saturday we stopped by, and Matt had already read up until Mosiah, he said he loves King Benjamin. Sadly Matt is going to move to Perris, which is close to Hemet at the end of this week! we are going to meet with him again soon this week, and we are probably  going to give his info to the Elders over there. Well the University Heights ward is continuing to be awesome!!  I love all of our recent converts, and Elder Bingham has enjoyed meeting with them all this week. We are currently in the finding mode at the moment, and we hope to pick up more, and more new investigators while still remembering our teaching pool at the moment. With me training Elder Bingham i will have an extra hour of companionship study for the next 12 weeks. Its all apart of the new Training program.
   
Well things are really looking good right now i hope with this new missionary i can catch my second wind, and receive the boost i need. Recently i have been pondering, and stressing of the the smallest things. Since i got transferred from Arlington to University Heights i have dropped a few pounds. I am am around 170-173 right now, and i am hoping to try, and gain some back. Its hard with the heat, and all, its mainly been some muscle mass, its been hard to keep up the workout I've been drained alot. I have been trying to eat better,and more since i have noticed the drop. Sometimes when you try and eat too healthy you can over do it, and not get enough calories for all them you bee burnin..
  
Well i am glad the cam pout went great, and that the Fam is in preps for the new Bear Lake. That's awesome that the water is up that high again!!! I've heard that alot of lakes in Utah are like that, but nobody had told me about bear lake. I'm glad its up that high. i hope it stays that way! So how is all planing on going? The whole crew our just our family?
  
Well i g2g soon. I will be sure to send you some pics of Elder Moore, and Elder Bingham, and as always i will keep you up to date on the latest news about who we teaching. Love you all! Be sure to send the Package soon please.

....................

Hello Son enjoyed your awesome email, sounds like some hard but good changes. It is always hard to see a good companion go but it is an opportunity for them to grow and become stronger. Well I am excited for you,training a new Elder, I understand your nervousness sometimes ya never know what things will turn out like. But you definitely have the right attitude, faith in the Lord and hard work will do lots. And just think how things went last time you trained a new Elder, you must have done well he was a trainer real quick. I was visiting with Brother and Sister Clark today( He came by home teaching with his wife) and Sister Clark said that they only make the very best missionaries trainers. And by the way they have been called on another mission, they are going to the Scotland, Ireland mission, I think they will be working with a youth center. Also the Kites are home off there mission and spoke in church today, it sounds like they had a great mission.
     
Well things are good but busy here at home, I had my varsity scout super activity last week and it turned out great. I took them to Bear Lake, we found an awesome place to camp in the mountains close by and I know the Lord guided me in finding it. It was so perfect a nice big green meadow surrounded by pine trees and nobody else around. And the name of the place says it all, Temple Flats, I told them they could tell there parents they went to the Temple. Everybody else is doing well, Mic has been real busy with work trying to get everything done so he can take this week off. Ya were heading to Bear Lake on Monday and everybody was able to get it off, Mic and Kay, Matt and Keira
     
Well it is late and I need to get up early tomorrow to get things done so we can go. I have a package I WILL SEND tomorrow, it has some socks, garments, pic's of Keiras wedding and sun screen and such. I will make a copy of the CD's when we get back and send them to you. Well let us know how things are with your new companion, who he is, were he is from and such. I know you will do a awesome job of loving, teaching, inspiring and making a good Elder great. Seek the Lord and look for His guidance and inspiration in knowing what to do, He will guide you through the spirit. I pray always that the Lord will guide your thoughts and  your footsteps to find those seeking the truth in there lives. I love you very much and pray all has gone well for you this week, be happy,enthused, and fully engaged. May Gods Love and Blessings be upon you I pray.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment