Monday 25 July 2011

July 25, 2011 Back from Bear Lake - To Pops


Hey Pops! Sounds like Bear Lake was a success, and a Blast! I am glad it had a good turn out. So Do you think the water level will stay the same for next year? I have to ask are there any new additions to the cabin? Don't tell me. i want to be surprised for next year. I just want to know if there are some good ones. Well this week has been good!! Its really starting to slow down a bit now that it is summer. I hope we can still have some success though. As of now we really have one promising Investigator, but we will just have to see what happens. I don't know if i have ever told you about Nicole, and Nathan. They are a Couple we accidentally ran into. We were totally in the wrong apartment complex, and we were looking for a referral, so we knocked on the right apartment number, in the wrong complex, and they let us in! We never would have ran into them if we didn't make that mistake. Nicole is the non member. She is a very very nice African American lady who is either dating, or engaged to Nathan. Nathan is a less active member, but his parents are really really active, and Nicole just loves Nathans family. Anyways last week Elder Faulkner, and Elder Ramos bumped into them on the street, and they taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and she then shortly afterward called us, and said she had Questions about baptism, and she has a desire to do so, so we will hopefully be meeting with her on Wednesday. We are still in the works with some other people, but i am excited to work with Elder Bingham in teaching others. I cant wait to see the growth that will come through him!
  
Sadly Edgar is off the Radar for a little bit his Parents don't really want him meeting with us, but we are hoping that is going to change. We will just have to see.
  
So far all is well at the moment. I did receive the package very quickly i was able to be at the mission office for a leadership meeting on Wednesday, so i got it 2days after you sent it. Well the mission Presidents are doing great!! They have transitioned very well. I think Elder Holmquist has probably been a large help in everything for them. He is still AP, and he will finish his mission AP. He is the oldest missionary out now he is around 23 months out now, and he is very Experienced.
  
The New garments are great! They are Perfect! If you could send me two more pairs in the next package that would be great, so i can wear them every day during the week throughout the summer. Ive got all i need, but Ive been craving a nice stock of snacks. Everything you have ever sent me has been great! Its just been a while since i have had a chance to snack on anything good a the apartment. what you do send usually lasts for quite a while. If you could Al mounds is my one request. Well i g2g love you ttyl

....................

Hello Son, well it has been a busy week and a half for me but it has been fun and tiring. I enjoyed your email last week, it sounds like your new companion Elder Bingham is a new experience for you. I could tell you are doing well at getting to know and understand him, that is great and I know it will make him feel more comfortable. I received a letter from President and Sister Smart they seem like a great couple and will be great for the mission. They sent two letters, one to let us know you have been called to be a trainer and that it is one of the most important callings for a missionary, the other letter was to introduce themselves and it also had a pic of you and Pres. and Sis. Smart. They also mentioned in there letter that they have created a mission blog so I checked it out and it looks to be a great addition for parents and family to see all that is happening in the mission. It had a pic in it of your zone. Well that's to bad about your new investigator ya contacted out but hopefully he will continue to learn and receive a testimony of the truth and get baptized, you will know that you had the opportunity to start him on the path. Also I thought it was real interesting that Pres. and Sis. Smart are from Highland so there right in our back yard so to speak.
     
Well things went well last week, it did get of to a rough start, my truck was not running quit right it actually started acting up when I was up at Bear Lake with my teachers but it made it back home fine, I don't think it is anything serious it is just missing a bit on one cylinder. So Mic had to pull the trailer with his truck but we didn't get away till Tuesday afternoon but it was all fine. Ya and most everyone was there at sometime or another, Ken and Marilee came up on wed but had to leave on Friday he was having a ward party at his house on Saturday. Most everyone else made it up on Thursday ( Patrick, Durrants, Hamonds,Butlers) only Jonathan, Allie and Aburey Austin were not able to come. We have had a boules tournament the last two years, Ron and I were the champs last year, we made it to the championship game again but lost to Mic and Christian it was fun. I told them they better watch out next year Aaron will be back.
     
Well Son I better finish up I am running late as usual, but I am very happy and proud of all your trying so hard to do in moving the Lords work forward. I know right now it is a new challenge for you and a great opportunity for you to grow and learn, stay close the the spirit and listen intently to know the Lords will. He will guide and help you to know how to best lead, inspire, and train your new companion, put all your faith and trust in the Lords help. I have no doubt you will succeed, you have a great heart and love for others and I also know the Lords hand is in all things in our lives and He has put this companion with you knowing you are the best for Him. Take good care of yourself and your health, I know the heat and hard work is draining, also it may be a little added stress or worry being a district leader that has an effect. Also I hope you received  my package I hope to send another soon with Truman Madsen Cd's on the prophet along with other things, let me know if there is anything else you would like, cloths, food or whatever. Well I do hope it has been a good week for you I always pray for your happiness and success. May the spirit of the Lord strengthen, lift you, and inspire you always. May you footsteps be guided, may you find those who are searching for the truth and may your week be joyful and spiritual.

                                                                                 LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment