Monday 16 May 2011

May 16, 2011 to Pops (Austin mission call)


Hello Dad! Thanks again for another great encouraging email. I am soo glad to have a Dad that does a great job at keeping me informed. Austin got his Mission call to California! Awesome! DO you know when he reports to the MTC? i have been intending to write him back for the longest time. Sounds like will be California Mission buddies when he gets back! More Snow?? That's crazy! well hey it rained here for a little bit early Sunday morning. Other than the cold i am glad it seem like all is still going well back home. Whew. That does sound like a crazy schedule for micah. Baby, work gym, and Coaching! that's alot to squeeze in. well hey thanks for gathering up the stuff. no real super hurry.
  
Well Same old same old for here, we are still teaching lessons, but most are Ward Mission Process lessons. I forgot did i already explain to you what the ward mission process is? Well i have been really enjoying all the work, and effort i have put in with Elder Combe we keep track pretty well of all our statistics. WE need to keep pushing hard, and setting more goals. so far we have talked to nearly 2000 + people. We really need some help from the ward. A referral would be nice, we have gotten a few, but it seems like nothing is going anywhere. George Brown is great. a real nice guy, but we haven't been able to set up another appointment with him! he has been out of town for the past 2 weekends, but we just got his phone number, so we are going to call him sometime this week to try, and set something up for next weekend. All this morning we have been super cleaning the Apartment, and decking it out i am going to have to send you some pics we have everything here. A gym, and ping pong table. a grill, a deep fryer, a waffle maker... a coach game room. Its by far one of my favorite apartments out of my whole mission. The Elders here are great too. We all have an amazing bond, and brotherhood together. we do everything together.
  
Jeez sometimes i have those p days where i don't know what to say in my emails, sometimes I'm just not in the emailing mood.lol Well everything is still going awesome! i am very pleased so far with my mission so far, and i really want to continue to learn and grow. I already feel like i have grown so much, but i really need to keep on training myself to study harder, and to develop those great life skills that will help me be successful in this life. Well i g2g pops i love you, and the family very much. I will be sure to email you more, and more as the weeks go by.

....................

Hello Son I sent you n email last Monday also so you may receive two, I hope and pray things have been good for you. It has been a unusual spring here we have had lots of rain and snow and it has been slow to warm up, they have record amounts of snow still in the mountains I think we will see some bad flooding, although it wont effect us. Well I think you probably received a email from Austin but he received his mission call to California if I remember right it is the Santa Rosea mission its like from San Fransisco north. He seems excited about it and goes into the MTC fairly soon I think about the end of June. I have been trying to get things together and sent to you, I picked up some more socks to send ya and am finishing getting pic's together, also I am trying to copy off some family history stuff. I know I have been slow at getting things to ya and am sorry I hope to be sending this out sometime this week. If there is anything else you think ya might need let me know.Everyone here is doing good I think Mic is a bit wore out sometimes adjusting to a different schedule with baby,work,gym,and coaching. I give him a rough time and tell him he needs to cowboy up. Kay and baby seem good the baby has been throwing up a bit at times but nothing serious she is still gaining weight and is happy most the time ( a very good natured girl she is). Red is still working a bunch and has made some friends from work so she is of doing stuff at nights a bit more. Matt started work up the canyon last week and they broke him in hard and fast, I guess they have lots they need done so they have been working ten hour days, shoveling snow off the trail to the cave, I think he was a bit tired and sore but doing fine. Keira is back in Logan this should be her last week working up there so she will be down here after this week. And I may be another year older but I am feeling good and things are doing well, its just with all that snow in the mountains I wont be able to go motorcycle riding on the trails for quit some time.
     
So how has things been for you? I have been hoping that some things would pick up for ya, if not try to enjoy the searching and planting the seeds. Just think of it as a real hard where's Waldo only your'sspirt as to where they are, you win ( mostly the convert wins). Well how is George Brown, I hope he is still letting you teach him. Did your infection heal up completely for you? Well stay happy and healthy, love and enjoy every minute of your mission, its but a blink in the time of your life, but one of the very most important times. Well I better finish and get to work. I want you to know and feel how very much I love and care for you, I feel your sprit touch me often and I love it. May you have a wonderful week, may the spirt of the Lord lift you, strenght you, and guide you as you go forth. Love ya Son may God bless ya.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment