Monday 30 May 2011

May 30, 2011 - To Pops


HI everybody! I've got some new news for ya! Well Sadly after all the efforts we did in the Arlington ward. Elder Combe, and i got transferred out! Its sad to let all our new investigators go, especially since we just found them. We were only able to teach George Brown once, and WE were able to teach a way cool guy named D'andre! we recently came across D'andre in a random apartment complex. We were searching around for a less active that lived around that area, when D'andre actually approached us, and said that he had been listening to the Book of Mormon on USB! His wife is a solid member, and his boss is a member as well as many of his co-workers! I honestly thought this guy was an answer to our Prayers. We taught him a great Restoration Lesson, and he was happy for us to come back. HE actually wanted to BBQ us some lunch. I was super happy to have had the chance to find/meet him. WEll so now the busy busy office assistants are in that Area. I hope they can do a great job teaching our Peeps. I am now in The University Heights ward here in Riverside. We live right next to the University of Riverside California UCR. The COolest part of the whole deal is i get to be with one of my good mates. Elder Curtis Moore from Melbourne Australia! Elder Moore is my new comp, and he has only been out for 3 months, and 3 weeks. I am his second Companion, so therefore i am his ''step-dad''. I replaced his companion Elder Pese as District Leader. So far Elder Moore and i have had 2 exchanges together because HIs old Comp Elder Pese was District Leader. During those two days that Elder Moore and i were together WE had a blast!  We kind of thought to ourselves wouldnt it be cool if we were comps together some day, sure enough here we are as comps. I am super Excited to be serving here, even though i am really going to miss THe Arlington ward, and all the Elders in my old apartment. Elder Barton got transferred to Yucaipa, and Elder Combe went to Corona. I will still have the chance to serve around Elder Faulkner though. My new apartment is way cool too. We have Elder Moore the Aussie, Elder Ramos the Texan, and Elder Meldrum from Bingham Utah. I was able to knew everyone in my apartment before i got there. i served around Elder Meldrum in Hemet. He is awesome, and Elder Ramos has been here in Riverside since ive been here too!
The work here in the University Heights area Is great. There is usually always a good amount of people to teach. Right now we have three People tentatively set on date for Baptism! The neat thing is that 2of the 3 on date i found with Elder Moore while we were on exchanges for the past 2 transfers! :O Those Two are Charles, and Anthony. 2 way cool black dudes, we 2.5 months ago we found Anthony while he was walking his dog, and then 3weeks ago we found Anthony while tracting. I am still trying to get to know this area better, but i will be sure to fill you in on everyone we are teaching. Well like I said Before i am doing great, and i am super excited to serve with Elder Moore! it was crazy the night before transfer calls i was talking with elder Barton, and i said to him wouldnt it be cool if i replaced Elder Pese, and was comps with Elder Moore! when i got the Leadership call in the Morning from Pres Reeves i told him we must of had some Revelations. haha. The weird part about it was that Elder Moore didnt know i was his comp for sure until later that night. The same day as transfer calls we had a zone breakfast, and somehow Elder Moore sat next to me, and everyone at that table, including me joked with Elder Moore saying that his new companion is crazy, and a big jerk. lol i hope he was relieved to here I was his new comp.

Well I am still on BIke! yeah! if all goes well i will have easily spent around 18 months on bike by the time i am done with this area. Well Elder Moore is taller than me, and he loves to playBasketball. I will be sure to try, and send you a pic of him, and i next week. Well i was in need of a hair cut, so i went with my good pal Elder Ramos to someones house who he had been teaching, and i got Buzzed! the shortest on my mission, and for a long time. Usually i a have just been getting a 3 all around this time i got a 2 on top, and a one on the sides. he did a good job though it looks alright. The few the Proud the Elder Hunsaker Marine. lol jk thats what i look like though. 

well Family i feel that i have offically over typed my finger so alas i must end this crazy ramblin Rampage i love you all I will talk to you next week.

....................

Hello Son I enjoyed your email, sounds like you and your companion have been working very hard to get something going in the ward. I think your on the right track though in trying to get the ward more involved and active in doing missionary work, they need to reach out and find people for you to teach. I do feel as you continue to work hard and do all within your power to find those willing to listen that good things will begin to happen. I have learned that if I do all the Lord expects of me that He will bless my efforts in time and I find that usually the Lords time frame is always different than mine. I have to stay steady and true and be patient, I always want imediate results but that is not always what the Lord wants. Your doing all the right things, just keep praying fervently, and listen intently  for the promptings from the spirt, the Lord will lead and guide you to those He has prepared for you.
     
Well things at home are much the same, everyone is doing fine, were all busy with the regular daily stuff. Little Braelynn is growing and changing all the time, Mic will be blessing her next week in church. Since today is memorial day were all home, I hope you are able to email although it is a holiday. As usual I got up early and helped do flags around the ward and the crazy weather here it snowed slightly last night. Its been a strange weather year they have been setting all sorts of records with all the water we have recieved. I am ready for summer but I know we will have some flooding when it warms up. You asked about Todd and I am not sure what he is doing I see him every so often, not sure if he is going to the singles ward or what, I will have to check up on him and see.
     
Well I guess I will wrap up, I feel like you have at times, I have been stuggling to write this email, not sure why. But I do want ya to know how proud I am of the awsome missionary you are and the great young man you are and have always been. I do pray always for your sucsess in doing the work. I do know a mission is much like life there are times more challenging than others but if we stay the course and do Gods will all things will work together for our good. I love ya very much and think about you always and pray always that you are Happy, Healthy, and Enjoying your mission emensly. May you have a great week with many good experiences that are spirtually uplifting.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment