Monday 23 May 2011

May 23, 2011 to Pops (things are good)


HI pops! hows it going? 

hey Sorry, but i am low on email time today i was able to send some good emails to Christian, and Missy. The work here is going kind of the same. we ha vent been able to get in touch with george brown. Well Things here in The Arlington ward are staying fairly slow, somethings got to give. I feel that we have made no progress since we have been here, even though i know for a fact that we have, it just feels that way. As far as Numbers go they just dont seem to be catching up. We have just been creaming the numbers we can control. Like tracting, and talking with people. Sadly the others are not catching up. The ward can see that we are trying, and i hope to work even harder in the coming weeks, but hopefully we can get a few referrals. Well what can you do other than Working Hard Praying Hard, and Fasting too. We are doing a 40 day fast thing in our ward for missionary work, and i hope at the end of the fast the ward will have a great outlook on missionary work and fellow shipping. We still dont have any real Progressing Investigators, but one that we have kind of been working with may have some hope. His name is Alex, and he is a way cool relaxed kind of guy, and we have shared a few things with him. Kinda a Restoration lesson, we taught him the word of wisdom last week, and we are hoping to share a spiritual lesson with him next week, and commit him to baptism. it will kind of give us an idea of how interested he is, and it will help us get across our purpose for being there.
 
Well i hope to find some time to get around to sending Austin and others an letter. Well hey how is Todd Doing? i need to write him a letter. WEll i g2g ttyl love u

....................

Hello Son I enjoyed your email, sounds like things are still a challenge there. I will agree with you when you said your pleased with your mission so far, you should be, you have accomplished many great things and brought many people into the Lords only true church on earth. I also liked that you want to continue to study, learn, and grow stronger in knowledge and spirt. I think that is awsome we can never stop learning and growing it is something we must do our whole life. Speaking of that I have been listening to the CDs by Truman G Madsen on the Prophet Joseph Smith, they are great and inspiring and I have learned so much from them. Mic gave me a set for my birthday and He had the other set already so I put them on my ipod and have been listening to them. This past weekend was our stake conference and they had Elder Alan Packer from the Seventy asigned to us it was a good conference. The best was on saturdays preisthood leadership meeting, they kind of had a open discussion on how we can better sereve. I guess what hit me was sometimes I go along thinking I am doing good and realilize I can do so much more. With the preisthood power ( stronger than any other power or force on earth) our abilitys are limitless through faith on the Lord. The only thing that does limit us is ourselves, through lack of faith or not beleiving the Lord can really help us with what we need. I know anything the Savior did we can do through faith on him, I know miracles can happen if we believe, I know the Lord through the spirt can reveil his will to us if we have faith strong enough. I now know I have much to work for and to achieve and that I need to raise the bar for myself.
 
Well things are doing well here at home not much change this week. I think I will be going to Logan this weekend to help Matt and Keira move some things out of there apartment and into storage. Also Austin is going into the MTC around the end of June so that will be quick for him which is great. Well I am running late I was slow to get up this morrning I uaualy am up and working out by about six but didnt get going till after sixthirty. I just want you to know how very proud and happy I am of you, keep your happy spirt, and drive to do all the Lord wants of you. The Lord is there for you, increase your prayers, increase your faith, believe He the Lord can do anything you rightously desire. I love you deeply and know you are giving your all and that is all the Lord requires of you. Stay happy, healthy and enjoy the work, may you have an amazing week.
LOVE POPS

No comments:

Post a Comment