Monday 3 May 2010

May 3, 2010 to Red

Hi sister!!!! How is it going? Everything is going great right now!!!! On Saturday I was able to go to mission conference!! It was great!! The whole mission was there, about 200 Elders. Crazy fun! Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke to us. He is amazing. I can't believe I was the youngest Elder there.

Well nothing too amazing has happened to me yet, but I will share a cute little story with you, but you will need to tell Keira and Kaylee about this. TRUE STORY. So one day Elder Hunsaker was tracting a street with his companion Elder Holmquist. At one house we knocked on the door and a 19 year old girl named Caitie (actual name) answered the door. I could tell there was someting different about her. She had Downs Syndrome. We asked her if her parents were home and she said her dad was so she walked back to her dad, and said with a loud voice, "Dad boys are here!" She came back out and told us he was coming. There was silence till he came soon after. So when he came Elder Holmquist talked with him. But while they were talking Caitie said something to me and I slightly understood her, but not really. So I asked her, "What was that?" She said, "YOU'RE handsome!" I didn't know what to say so I said thank you and looked away. She said the same thing as well, "Thank you." All of the sudden before I knew it she came up to me an gave me a huge hug right in front of her dad and said, "This is my married life." Haha. It was very awkward, especially since she repeated herself. Well luckily I didn't have to endure too much of that. He wasn't interested so we left. That experience reminded me alot of home, and you. I miss you very much, and I hope everything is going well for you!

One thing I am sure of each day is that I am able to see the gospel bless peoples life each day, even if it is in a small way. Right now I am working with a guy named Brian. He is progressing slowly, but day by day he is inviting Christ in his life. The main drive he has to joing the gospel is his 4 year old daughter named Grace, who looks just like Shirly Temple.

I know that if I can help everyone to come to the knowledge of Christ, and how he suffered extrememly for all our sins. He took upon himself all the pains and sorrows of the world. He knows what we have all been through thanks to His infinite Atonement.

Well that's about all the time I have right now. I will have to write you later, but I know you can do anything you set your mind to.

Love you very much sister. TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment