Tuesday 18 January 2011

January 18, 2011 to Pops

Hey pops thank you so much for your Faithful email writing. I am sorry i didnt give you a report of last week, but i would say just about the most exciting thing that happened within the past two weeks is that i was able to Baptize Jonathan on the 16th of January! it was a very neat experience. It was the first time i was able to go into the waters to baptize someone! I was so happy, and joyful to have the opportunity to take part in something so great and important. Jonathan Frisby's Father was at the baptism too, and he bore a wonderful testimony on how proud he was of his son. His father had just recently started to come back to church. We also had another Investigator come to the Baptism. His name is Patrick, and on the 15th the day before i commited him to baptism, and he softly accepted. I know for sure that he will continue to learn and be baptized soon as well. I am turning patrick over to the singles ward, because i know that it would be better for him to get the fellowship there, and go to the activities as well. I am going to continue to stop by every now, and then to help him out. HE is great he has continued to keep reading the bom assignments we leave him. 


Well i am emailing you on a Tuesday, because the internet was down at the stake center yesterday.

I am so thankful for everything you said in your email. I really feel like their is going to be a breakthrough soon as well. I recently have been a little frustrated or disappointed, because i havent been able to do my usual work with Elder Mchardys ankle, but this week will be better hopefully he is going to try and tract, and ride a bike. At this point not a whole lot of people seem to be answering our phone calls, or returning them too. It can get to you every now and then, but hopefully now we can swing by peoples homes to pin them down.  

Well i got to go i am limited on my emailing time, but i never want to settle for anything less than my best effort. I do not want to mock God by my actions as i strive to represent him. I do not want to chance justifying anything, and missing out on any of the Blessing the lord has in store for me! Well i will do my best to help everyone back at home through my emails. 

g2g love you bye 

....................

Hello son I am not sure if you received my last weeks email or not but I got a note from the system that it had a delivery failure and I didnt receive one from you either so I dont know what happened. Well how have you been things going well for you? Are you having a baptism this week? I hope Elder McHardy is back and going good is his ankle doing better? It looks like the weather is going to be good for you this week, that should be nice for a change. I had mentioned in my letter last week how I feel strongly that this is your prime time, now is your time to do great things. You are a great spirt, give all you have and more to doning the Lords work, it is when we sacrifice a little more and give when we think we have given all that the Lord will bless you beyond that which you can imagine. I know you are doing all that you should, go one step further and do that which is not required or asked of you and that is when the bless will come. I pray things have been well with you, and that you have felt the spirt of the Lord lifting you and strenghting you in your efforts.
     
Things at home have been going well, it has been cold but warmed up this past few days, it has been rainey most of the day today. Mic and Kay are doing good, getting closer to baby time, about two and a half months away, still no name so if you feel inspired on one let them know. Keira and Matt are both in school, Keira is working as a teachers aid still. They seem to be doing great, but I am sure they will have there challenges down the road. Red is still working hard and enjoying it, but I have been a bit worried about her she dosnt seem to be her happy self, I am not sure what all is bothering her or on her mind as you know she dosnt talk much. If you have some time drop her a line and try and cheer her up, let her know how great she is,I dont think she knows. I have been staying busy at work although it has been slower I am sure it will pick up more in a few weeks as it warms up. Red, Mic and Kay gave me a awsome blender for christmas and I have been blending fruits and veggies and some protien for breakfast and lunch. I have been feeling good like it is helping me alot, I just need to get going on some excersise.
      
Well I better finish up, it was strange not to get a message from ya last week  I hope things have been going well for ya. Jason Day spoke in our church today he just got home off his mission, sounds like he had a great mission. I want you to know I am so happy and excited for you right now, I feel there is some great experiences in your near future. Just keep doing what you have been, seek the spirts guidence in all things, stay happy and excited about the Lords work, and love the people. May the Lord bless you and  your companion as you give and sacrifice for the Lord and his work. LOVE YOU may you have a great week.

LOVE POPS 

No comments:

Post a Comment