Monday 24 January 2011

January 24, 2011 to Micah - Brotha!


Thanks for the email Bro!!! I really enjoyed hearing from you. I just got done reading pops email, and it really sounds like the family is doing really good! I am super happy to hear that pops is exercising, and eating healthy! i cant wait to see the Family when i return home. I really enjoyed the info you gave me about your email. Thats cool you had other ways to find people. like through teaching english to families. I have really learned to enjoy Tracting, and i have gotten pretty good at it. OF course i always have rooom to improve i feel very comfortable talking with people. One thing i have learned is that a mission really gives you great leadership skills. I think that would be awesome to be in a Branch presidency. Sometimes a mission can seem like too much to handle, but you really do have soo much help on your side, although you have multiple responsibilities, and alot of rules, it really molds, and shapes you into a great person. 

Well let me ponder for a couple ideas for the name of the Girl.... Hmmm how about Erin. lol jk Um here are a couple names i will keep thinking though. Ashtyn, Rachel, Aliza, Natilie, Lafawnda, Shaelie, Cortnee idk. I will keep thinking. 

Anyways Work here is going oooo K. we are finaly Biking, and tracting 100% now that Elder McHardy is recovered from his sprained Ankle.

I heard that you are Helping out with AFs Strength, and Conditioning in the morning. That is awesome! 

Well i got to get going! It was great hearing from you I am going to write you more in the next couple weeks. 

..........

Hey bud how are things goin out there?  It's been awhile since I wrote you, I hear things are going well and you are continuing to find success.  I hope you are having a good experience training a new missionary out there.  That can be a bit of a challenge at times but I'm sure you are handling it well.  I had several opportunities the last 8 months of my mission to either train or be with a missionary that was only a couple months out.  It was a challenge because none of them could speak Russian worth a lick.  But I did my best to keep them informed on what we were teaching and provide them opportunities to bear testimony.  I loved watching them grow into being a strong missionary and those were some of my most cherished moments of my mission.  You asked in your last letter about my mission and how it was different form the norm.  Well for one thing we were not allowed to tract at all, so we had to resort to doing a lot of street contacting which was tough because people were usually heading somewhere and didn't want to talk.  One of our best finding tools was to offer free English lessons to families, but the catch was they had to allow us to finish with some sort of spiritual thought.  It was really a good tool to get into peoples homes and let them feel the spirit.  One of the other big things that we had to deal with is that the church there is extremely young.  It lacked the proper priesthood leadership to run the church affectively.  In one area I was in the branch presidency for 6 months trying to teach them how to run a branch and to make sure things went according to the church handbook.  We did a lot of work with members there, trying to keep them strong in the faith, we also had to do a lot of less active work because there were a great majority of members that have fallen away and we didn't have the programs in place to let the branchs to the work.  Looking back on it we definitely had to do tons of ward/branch related work.  Well I could go on forever about the mission, but hopefully that gives you an idea.  If you have anything that you would like to know more about just let me know.  Well things are going well here, Kaylee is doing pretty good with the whole pregnancy.  We are getting closer and closer and we are all super excited!  We still haven't come up with a name yet, so you better cone up with some ideas to help us out!  Well I'm running out of time, love ya bro, you are in all of our prayers! Keep up the good work! We are so proud of what you are doing!

Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment